Monday, October 5, 2009

REAL WEDDINGS: Kara and Greg Olsen






















Our involvement with the planning and design for the wedding of Kara Dooley and Greg Olsen was such an honor and the most sincere pleasure.
From the onset, my meeting with Kara began at her parents home in a relaxed, comfortable and subtle manner. I knew with certainty in those moments that I wanted to be involved with such an authentic and sincere family. I had not had the pleasure of meeting Greg at that time, but was told he was "a lot of fun and hung out with rowdy sports-like guys.." Uh-huh...!!!
Sometimes I really delight in the fact that I get so incredibly involved with details and design that I fail to realize who and what my clients may do professionally. I knew that Kara was a successful luxury realtor in Chicago, {she repeatedly would tell me I reminded her of her boss, Katrina!} and I maybe became a little curious as to why each and every time I saw Kara and her mom Deb were decked out in Chicago Bears paraphernalia--
Well Greg, the BIGGEST teddy "bear", is actually a tight end for The Chicago Bears. {Yes, I am officially a paraphernalia-wearing fan now too!} Planning became somewhat difficult once he stepped into the picture only because it seemed we got to the business of laughing more than the business of planning.
With deepest sincerity, Kara and Greg's priorities for their families and friends on their wedding weekend were so refreshing, loving and thoughtful. Their reasons are now plainly obvious; they both come from incredible parents and siblings. Each of their interpersonal relationships were so evident of admiration, love and respect.
The Ginn Hammock Beach Resort served as our wedding weekend host with fun-filled and relaxing activities such as putt-putt golf, brunch, rehearsal dinner, spa and gentlemen shaves. My formidable team also included my delightful E-ladies, Nancy and Jessy, Rhett Pyle, Jay Casiano & Aaron Vieri fro Flowers of Winter Park, Tommy Hart with American Audio Visual, Showorks, Heavenly Cheesecakes, Maureen Hall Stationery, Michele with Blush Paperie and White Rose.
Cheers to Kara and Greg!!! ...and I can't wait to ultimately see those adorable "bear cubs!"

No comments: