Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'm Seeing GREEN!!!!







Okay, so we all now it's Earth Week and that yesterday was Earth Day...

I think the message if "going green" is quite an amazing movement, but it is EVERYWHERE right now! All of the television talk shows, magazines, blogs and the like-

Rather than inundate you with the same jargon you have been hearing all week (and hopefully all year as this no longer a trend, but a way of life) I thought I'd share some "real people" (okay--maybe just mine!) thoughts and visuals...

Like it or not, we as a society, have spoiled ourselves into a pretty posh way of living. In the end it seems as if this may not be as beneficial to Mother Earth as it probably could be. What's a "real" person to do?

May I take the brazen liberty to tell you to R-E-L-A-X?? I certainly want to do my part in reducing my carbon foot print (I did borrow that phrase from Tommy Murphy!) and really make a concerted effort to do so. I recycle, ride my bicycle to the supermarket and other errands when I can, look for organic materials and food, use soy candles and the like.

On the other hand, I'm a girl who likes real diamonds as opposed to simulated!!

Preparing for my most recent segment on The Daily Buzz for tips on a Green Wedding got me to really thinking...

Does it really have to be all or nothing??

I love the information that's out there. I love my fellow bloggers and industry leaders who are doing their part to get a positive, environmental message out. I promise I recycle and conserve and I am teaching my daughters to do the same. I have encouraged couples planning their wedding with "green" interest to go for it and have fostered some of their personal style with my creativity and a balance in eco-friendly and "traditional" design elements. (Natural woods, soy candles and back-yard greenery for a natural bridal bouquet such as the images from recent weddings above) I love to offer a hearty pat on the back for those who take even the smallest step to making a difference.

I also love my shoes!

No comments: