Thursday, February 2, 2012

Super Bowl Party Planning vs. Wedding Planning










Super Bowl 46 is upon us, and let's face it ...you could use a welcome break from wedding planning!

This is a rare circumstance where you will find me actually taking the "theme" and running with it. The kitschy details are plentiful: invitations, food display, activities...the possibilites and your creativity can be endless-

I adore the above invitation from a simple jewelry box, the Super Bowl Bingo and commercial rating paddles, {via Jeff Mindell Photography} the whimsical tablescape and signature cocktails-

Think about this welcome reprieve from wedding planning: you don't have to worry about your decor looking "too much," D.I.Y projects are applauded rather than judged, dress is casual and you can eat indulgent {i.e., unhealthy!} foods and concern yourself with only fitting in your jeans and not your wedding dress!

Admittedly, I am no sports {let alone football} enthusiast, so in the spirit of "if you can't bet 'em, join 'em," I party plan.

Because let's face it, I'm really in it for the perfect outfit {Thanks, "What I Wore!"} and Puppy Bowl...